Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Not sure what this says about me

Apparently, a recent survey suggests that Utah, Hawaii, and Wyoming are the "happiest" places to live; at the bottom of the 50 states are Mississippi (48), Kentucky (49), and West Virginia (50). 

In light of the fact that my family hails from Giles Co., Virginia, and Mercer County, West Virginia (all the way back to 1750) and that we lived in Kentucky for six years and loved it, I wonder what this says about me? That I struggle with happiness? I kind of liked living in Kentucky...  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And we hope you will love # 48!!!!

Frances Alston said...

Hi Sean....I was thinking the same thing as Lisa!!

Unknown said...

Yeah, what's with this? I'm glad at least a few of us love Kentucky!

Kristin said...

I firmly believe that the people who do these surveys, don't actually visit every place. They are basing their rankings on preconceived notions. If you visit MS, you'll find it's a great place to live, filled with close knit & hospitable people. My family's originally from Wisconsin, and my grandparents always said they had never met nicer people than in MS! (Although my Grandma did ask every time she called if we had shoes.) Looking forward to meeting you this weekend. --Kristin Gregory-Claytor