Friday, April 18, 2008

Wanderings in the Wilderness

Next week, I'm looking forward to being with friends and making new friends at Westminster Seminary California. I'll be giving two lectures, one in a class ("Jonathan Edwards and Federal Theology") and another in convocation ("The Only Hope for America: Southern Presbyterians, Billy Graham, and the Mission of the Church"). I'll also being leading a conversation on my essay, "Cruciform Friends," which you can find here, here, here, here and here. California really isn't the wilderness (or at least San Diego isn't); it only seems like it.

A couple of weeks ago, I was at the Twin Lakes Fellowship, which met outside Jackson, Mississippi. I'm so grateful to my friend, Ligon Duncan, for inviting me to be there and asking me to preach; it was great to be with brothers and friends who love Christ, his church, and his ordinary means of grace. You can find audio from the entire event here. Mississippi isn't really the wilderness either; in fact, one of my friends (a Yankee, actually) called it "the Mother Country." My great disappointment was not being able to get any BBQ while I was down; maybe next time.

No comments: