Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Greatest Rock Group in the World

I'm a Coldplay fan; I enjoy them and even liked their performance on Austin City Limits. But if there was really any doubt, the Grammy awards tonight dispelled them--that when it comes to the title "Greatest Rock Group in the World," it really is U2.

Their two song set--"Vertigo" and, especially, "One," with Bono dueting with Mary J. Blige--was amazing. Chris Martin, on the other hand, was consistently off-key and looks completely uncomfortable on stage. I don't know if U2 will win album of the year or best rock album of the year, but that performance was one of the best I've seen in watching the Grammys.

[UPDATE: as you may know, U2 did win best rock album AND album of the year. I hope they put the performance out on iTunes...]

No comments: